Due to the miniaturisation trend in electronics, flexible circuits are gaining ground from rigid PCBs. Polyimide, PET, LCP or PEN based flexible circuits are manufactured in roll-to-roll format.
Elcoflex manufactures high volume single and double side flexible circuits. Elcoflex has also patented a copper circuit without polymer substrate. Multilayer circuits can be made using the copper layer and additional conductive polymer layers.
Key features are
- Web width from 250 mm to 600 mm
- Minimum line/space 50/50 µm depending on the design and materials
- Copper layer thickness 18µm and 35µm as standard
- Various substrates can be used (e.g. PET, PI)
- Various plating options are available
- Camera assisted diecutting available for special shapes
- Camera assisted embossing available
- Screen printable solder masks and dielectrics available in different colors
- Coverlay lamination available